Since I'm on a rant about bad habits, I'll toss in an update on how my infusions are coming along.
First lesson I learned is you really have to fill the container. Feel free to fill up to the threads.
I love the infusion containers I finally decided on. It's a set of three airtight canisters I found at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20. It's thick clear glass with stainless steel lids and externel threads to seal your items.
The peach is the most developed. I will probably try and filter it this week and take it camping. I'm still not sure the best way to filter is, but I'm going to try using my strainer for a first pass, then add cheese cloth for a second pass.
The mango may also be ready this week. My mom snitched a bite of mango from the container when I was doing my tasting, and said she could really taste the vodka in the fruit. So I'm not sure how much more I'm going to get out of the mango.
The rhubarb is pink, but I'm not getting a lot of flavor yet from it. And it was the first one I tried, so it wasn't as if my tates were overwhelmed with peach or mango. I figured this one would be take the most amount of time to set.
Labels: celiac, liquor happiness