1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot Chocolate. The real cocoa you have to add sugar, bit of salt and warm milk.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? My mom is prepared for every Christmas need. Including large bags to wrap big presents. I can't afford to give big gifts, so that doesn't apply to me.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I do colored lights. My snowflakes are white lights. Since I'm not at my folks house, I lose out and have to look at the clear lights on the tree and on the outside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No - boyfriend doesn't need an excuse to kiss me. My best friend has "Arizona mistletoe (red chili peppers).
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The family Christmas Eve dinner. Potato soup, meatless spaghetti, pieroggi, and fish. No more pieroggi, but my grandmother's potato soup is heaven (and I can still eat it).
7. Favorite Holiday memory? Probably last year when my best friend gave birth the evening of the 23rd, and got to come home Christmas morning.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I knew something was up when I was five or six when I noticed that the Santa in each annual Santa photo was a different guy.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yeah, we open the presents from the people at the Christmas Eve dinner. Too much going on Christmas day to wait until the evening to open them otherwise.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? As many lights as I can pack on the tree (as much as 600 lights on a 6' tree), my handmade ornaments, and the annual ornaments I've been getting since my first Christmas.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it - somewhere else!!!!
12. Can you ice skate? Not since I was 9. Probably create some serious bruises on my body now.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My 10 speed bike.
14. What’s the most important thing? Spending time with those that I love, and being able to surprise someone with a simple inexpensive (but thoughtful) gift.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? In my gluten days, it was gingerbread cookies. Now, I'd say the cranberry cake recipe I adapted with my gluten free flour.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The Christmas Eve dinner. It used to be my grandmother's shinning moment, but her cousin has smoothly taken over the reins.
17. What tops your tree? Either a star or a wide ribbon bow that I make. I alternate year to year.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. Especially when I have the time to make a special handmade tag and bow (not going to happen this year).
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I like the Tucson Boys Chior Christmas songs. Song by content is probably "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".
20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum? Yum. Yum. Yum.
Labels: life stuff