Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, May 11, 2007

MCS scare

Headache not getting that much better, and I'm starting to feel sick to my stomach. Now that hasn't happened for a while.

Figured I'm beyond the reach of Excedrin at this point, and I go back to the locker room and fish out my purse. In my purse is a remote for my motor cortex stimulator. I can turn it on or off and adjust the three parameters of pulses (amplitude, pulse width, and pulse frequency). Don't worry, there are programmed limits, so I can't fry my brain.

The remote's a piece of crap and eats batteries, so I keep the batteries separate. And of course today I'm having trouble having it communicate with the MCS. When I finally get it to talk, it beeps loudly.

Turn it over, and it indicates my MCS is OFF. How the heck did that happen. But it sure explains the pain. So I turn it on and feel that electric buzzing as it starts working.

I hope the magnetic latches on the doors to my lab aren't the reason for shutting down my MCS. I wonder if that would qualify for ADA accomidation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home