Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

gluten-free yum

So I took my car to the Jiffy Lube the other day. While waiting for the oil change and tire rotation, I walked to Nature's Finest. Nature's Finest is a heaven sent treat for finding gluten free foods. Yes, their prices are higher than Sprouts or Wild Oats, but it's nearby and much closer. Plus, Nature's Finest has gluten free things I've never heard of.

There's so much gluten free out there, it's hard to keep track of it unless you're in the industry. My two latest discoveries are Boomi bars and the Kinnicinnick NY style mini bagels.

Boomi bars. Yum. It turns out that Nature's Finest had only one flavor, the company makes several different kinds. So there's nuts, seeds, fruit, and puffed aramath crisps to give it a bit of crunch. There's always a case in my pantry of one kind or another.

There have been variousKinnikinnick products there with mixed results. Don't waste your money on their hot dog or hamburger buns (they fall apart). But their bread is pretty great after it's toasted, and their doughnuts are good for a cake style doughnut. So I gambled with their New York style bagels. They're smaller than typical bagels. I thawed one last night, and toasted it this morning with some honey peanut butter. It made a great breakfast that I ate in the car (without a lot of crumby mess left behind).

Always happy to have a new favorite gluten free yummy laying around the house.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 03:37 , Blogger The Patient Connection said...

    Coeliac Disease – Its Diagnosis and Treatment – Tell us your story in a New Research Blog


    We would like to take this opportunity to invite you a research blog on Coeliac
    We are particularly interested in the story of your diagnosis and treatment.

    To take part please click this link

    http://www.thepatientconnections.com/blog.asp?uid=46

    Please feel free to post any links to useful resources for other Coeliac sufferers.

    The blog is anonymous and easy to use. Instructions are given on the blog so thanks in advance for your help it is much appreciated.


    Best wishes

    Belinda
    The Patient Connection
    Belinda.shale@thepatientconnections.com

    PS Please email me if you have any queries about the blog or any of our projects.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home