Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

you say potato...I say "hun?"

Working in a new lab, you have to get used to their shorthand of terms. I was listening in on a conversation about the clinical protocols and how best to generate form labels for them.

Then the girl training me said something that took my brain a minute to process. Cytokine.

I know what a cytokine is. But she said it like "cyto-kene". And she claims to have taken the same immunology course I did. If she truly did, she would have heard it pronounced "cyto-kine".

Okay, I'm going to go off and scratch my head for a while.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 05:52 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so, the lab... are you in Flag, or no? it's kind of unclear.

    and congratulations on finally getting to work in a lab!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home