Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Still settling in

Week 2 of new lab job begins. I finally have a phone line, but still no benefits, and no idea when I'll get paid.

In a lot of ways this is a familar environment. Staff Ph.D. scientists hiding in their office, the clinical ward just down the hall, and a separation of about 50 feet from my culture lab to my office lab.

The biggest differences are that this is a much smaller place. The second one is the amount of brass here. It was explained to me that since this is a federal hospital, military medical personnel work here. I wasn't sure if I should shake their hand or salute during introduction. For the most part, they just say "hi", but I had one approach me because he knew who I was, and his hand was outstretched for a handshake.

I know it'll all work out in the end. I finally am getting more "yes" than "no" (even if it's an unexpected result). My first cell line didn't grow, but my second one was much more successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home