Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

quiet house

My dad was admitted to the hospital last night. My mom took him, and stayed while he was admitted and given a room. He's dehyrdated (again), and they need to figure out why he can't keep anything down even with his NG tube.

He was supposed to get an endoscope this morning, but they couldn't do it in the hospital. So they just did a CT, and scheduled the endoscope Wednesday morning. So they're keeping him tonight, and hopefully after the endoscope procedure, he'll get to come home.

It's odd. My dad doesn't talk that much these days, and more just sits on the couch. But it seems quieter around here. Perhaps it's because most people are not calling us to "give us some space".

I cut my happy hour/decompressing time Monday night to get home to feed and walk the dog. Dog knows something's up because he cuts his walk short (we don't walk the dog; the dog walks us). I fed him tonight, but my mom got home in time to walk him. He cut the walk short again tonight for her (so it wasn't because I'm a cat person).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home