Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

_____ and taxes

I hate doing my taxes. Two years ago, I was filing electronically the 15th of April. Amid panic of "server busy" messages, I did get it in on time. Last year, I was standing in line on the 15th of April at the post office to get that magic postmark stamp.

I don't know why - I always take out more than needed so I can get a refund. I'm not married so I don't have to deal with the marriage penalty, and have the barest minimum of deductions.

So I figured this year I would do something different. I did my taxes using the free TurboTax (federal), paid for the state forms, and printed them out. I signed them, addressed them, double checked the postage, and mailed them today.

Total - just over $1,200.

I should work harder to file sooner rather than later. I got them out with less than two weeks to spare this year, but will try for better next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home