Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Finally caught up

Okay, I realized that since I would work on Tuesday (my regular day off) to make up for missing two days being sick would mean working six days straight. But it sucked. My birthday being in the middle of the six days would suck even more.

But I got through it.

My birthday was kinda eh. No boyfriend, but I wore my pretty "least useful present". Got a lot of "happy birthdays", and each cashier saw it on the calendar so they each paged me for an urgent issue of birthday wishes. One of the floor guys actually used the overhead intercom to say "the nice tool girl is having a birthday today, so wish her a happy birthday." I thought we actually were empty, but then this sweet boy called my name and said "happy birthday," which melted my heart. Another floor guy took me to lunch.

The former manager dropped by today and took me to lunch with a couple other guys from the lumber yard (that I like fine enough).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home