Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, April 13, 2007

don't cry for me Argentina (okay maybe)

For the last couple weeks, I've checked in with the agency that has arranged this job for me. Just to make sure we're still on for the 16th, nothing else needs signing, figuring out the insurance, etc.

I called and left a message Wednesday about my direct deposit form. Figured out the answer later on that day, and faxed it away. So when I didn't get a call back, I figured that she knew I didn't need a call back. So I got a call Thursday afternoon, and she sounded stressed.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to tell you some bad news. The funding isn't secured yet, so we can't pay you next week. It's going to be another week or two"

"Uhh, I already put notice in here, and I'm not on the schedule after Saturday. What am I going to do to pay for my insurance?"

"I can see if there's temporary secretary work in the Scottsdale area."

"Let's see what I can figure out. Go away while I cry my eyes out for a bit and ask for my job back and work day to day."

Of course I know I can still work at the hardware store. They officially never wrote in the "master calendar" that Saturday was going to be my last day. I guess they knew something I didn't. If I had to choose to work the hardware store with some great people, or be a secretary when I'm not that familar with that kind of stuff, I'll take the hardware store.

Even when I trip over a ladder at the hardware store and screw my back up. So I'm blogging from home stretched out on my bed with a heating pad and lots of flexeril.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home