Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Memory Lane

Last week, I had casually mentioned to my mom that in a detour to a Walgreens, I drove down "Custer" street. I remembered that my paternal grandparents lived on Custer street, but I thought it was along "C" street.

"And you drove down Custer street where?" my mother inquired.

"Between "L" and "S" street. It looked like a nice area with new apartments and condos there."

"Honey you were right there. You turned on S street, and their place was just past S street."

"No way. Nothing looked familar. I didn't see a lot of palm trees."

So this morning, I turned on "V" street, and drove down Custer to S street.

Going that way brought back a flood of memories. That must have been the direction my parents always drove to get there because it suddenly made sense. Seeing the church on the corner of S and Custer street really brought back memories.

Turned back on S street and I saw more familar things from the numerous times my sister and I walked around the block.

But most of the palm trees are gone.

Names of streets were changed to protect people and places. Techinally my paternal grandparents still own that property. Since their passing, the property was placed in trust. And while the neighborhood has gone upscale, the value has gone through the roof. Nice little "nest egg" for someone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home