Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

and your previous job was where?

Since I've been in hospital environments since high school (as a worker, not a patient), I'm used to a couple things happening. Blood-bourne pathogens awareness training, TB skin tests, Hep B shots, tetnaus, etc. Heck, my first TB test was done when I was 17 and started working in the immunology lab.

Yes, when I started at the University, I got my Hep B shots, and my tetnaus shot.

But I started here, and was filling out the paperwork to get the file started. They asked when my last TB test was done. Do the math, and it was 1993.

"And your previous job didn't do one?"

"No. But I got a tetnaus shot."

"And they gave you the Hep B shots, but didn't titer you afterwards?"

"No. I was told that some people just don't titer, so there's not much point in doing them again."

I could see the look on her face of "Dear Lord, how did they allow such a lapse, and why is it my problem?"

So I got the TB test done. Was scared to know since I've been around people with TB (no active cough), and was working right next to the TB P3 room. But that all checked out fine.

Still haven't heard if they're going to titer me for Hep B or not. At least if they insist on another round of shots or such, I don't have to go far to get it done.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home