Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

living by the stopwatch

I love this lab in Phoenix. The people are very nice, the pay is awsome (just got paid for last week's work). Hate the drive time and the building heat - but Flagstaff weenies never returned my messages or emails, so I will take a hint and go away (for now; hopefully July will have some openings come up).

This lab lives and dies by the stopwatch. Most things are timed. But it's time paranoia. I can't use the nice digital timers, rather the old fashioned push button stopwatches and keep one eye on its clock. Oh, and I have to use certain clocks to determine time for records, but not others (and heaven forbid I use my NTS watch).

The worst part of the living by the stopwatch - the constant ticking. It's not the soothing "60 Minutes" kind of ticking, but more like a constat "tick-tick" noise. I'm scared to put in my pocket, so I hooked it up to my neckstring that was supposed to be for my ID badge.

And speaking of living by the stopwatch.....gotta run.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home