Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

security?

For sure, I'm not naming names here. But this bugs enough I have to vent a second.

Girl training me/moving out of lab: "Don't you log out of your computer when you go lunch?"

Me: "Why, only lab workers can get in here anyway. Besides, my lunch time is 15-20 minutes anyway."

Then I thought about it. In their attempts to streamline things or prevent people from coming in and saying "I lost key to room *", so far every door on this floor has opened with the key I got on my first day.

This includes the stairwell. I started taking the stairs to work because the stairwell is right outside the locker area, and it feeds out right to the staff parking lot.

On the 5th floor, this specific stairwell is behind a magnetic lock door. It's designed to keep the general public/admitted clinic patients from getting in and mucking with lab stuff.

But I use my key to open the door. Is there someone that works on the floor with a key, but no magentic pass card? Probably.

Would they be so inclined to test this theory? Hopefully not. It's not a major deal because you wouldn't have the key in the first place if you weren't allowed to be on the floor.

Am I paranoid enough to want to log off my computer when I'm not here? No, I don't have the energy for that amount of paranoia.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home