Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Living with celiac

So, how goes the gluten free thing? Right now, I'm in a bad patch. Going out for drinks and dinners a few nights (okay three or four) a week didn't help. But I think the night I was doing Bailey's shots didn't seem to give me problems.

I am still very limited on what I can have at most bars. But since I don't do rum or tequilla, it's been vino, vino, vino. A guy bought me a shot of something that had Bailey's in it and after four glasses of wine, I was in the mood to try it and see.

Food is even worse. I don't know if it's the cross contamination issues or what, but it just sucks. That's why it's almost easier to go to places like the Elks because the food options are very limited it's easy to just forget about it. It's when it gets late, you do get hungry.

I haven't gone out since Friday night. I played "safe" and drank at home that Cinco de Mayo weekend. And my mom is good about catching what I eat at home. So I don't know why I'm still having problems.

All those problems aggravated my PLMD. It feels as if I was working out my lower legs all night when I get up. So I'm very thankful this job is a lot of seat warming. But when I've had to run out or down the hall, I feel it bad.

At least my plans for this Friday don't involve meeting someone at a bar or club. And so far I haven't been tempted to bring him to the dark side and get him drunk. I've decided it's good to have diverse friends.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home