Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Summer's here

It's been a strange spring. Back in mid-March, it got to almost 100 degrees for a few days in Phoenix. Then it cooled back down 20 degrees, and pretty much stayed there for the next month.

Then a couple weeks ago, it was 100 degrees for a day and cooled back down 15 degrees.

But it wasn't feeling like summer. Today is supposed to break 100 this afternoon. And the extended forecast keeps us there.

The big difference between a day fluke of 100 and four months of 100 degrees are the evenings. It's not going to cool off at night, but continue to be hot and oppressive as the asphalt and concrete give off the heat built up from the day's sun exposure.

Maybe by July, I'll be tired of the heat. Right now, I'm loving it. I have to wear layers or at least long sleeve shirts in my lab because the thermostat is set to 50 degrees. I was bringing a t-shirt to wear in my car since the car would be nice and hot. Right now, I've forgotten said shirt the last couple of days, and I still get home okay without feeling overheated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home