Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

good news - need help!

All the prayers seems to have worked. My dad was transferred out of ICU and put in a regular room today. It's a day earlier than the surgeon was planning. But he's doing so well, they decided to do it anyway.

It was a rough and stressful time for my mom. But we got through it, and hopefully my dad is resting.

If you've seen anyone in ICU, there's tubes and lines everywhere. So far, the breathing tubes are gone, the epidural line is gone, and they took out his urine cath.

Now my dad already says he wants to come home. I joked that we could sterilize a pair of needle nose pliers and he could pull out his own staples. He's such a tough guy.

But what kind of get well gift could I bring? I already made a simple card, but am looking for ideas. We can't do food stuffs because his stomach was stretched and reattached, so his nutrition is coming from a feeding tube in the gut. We don't want to get him flowers that will die before he gets home - so plants are an option.

My one great idea we're giving to my god mother - a hard candy boquet. He should be up to enjoying that fairly soon. He's not into crossword puzzles, and we have books he can read if he feels up to it.

Suggestions appreciated. Anything that be considered humorous will be greatly appreciated - my dad has always had a quirky sense of humor that I got a bit of.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 22:21 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Saw on SarahK's site that you needed help with this. :) This is definitely quirky, pretty decent price (don't know about shipping) so here goes. http://www.x-tremegeek.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?sk=MX72143&productID=11546

    In case comments don't allow the link, it's at x-tremegeek.com and it's called the Giant Aspirin. I found it by looking at findgift. Hope that helps!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home