Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

two years, now what?

Yesterday almost snuck up on me. July 2, 2005 was the first night that boyfriend and I were "stuck" at a campsite in one tent. We met up at matchmakers house. So that was our first "hello" that was on a more personal setting.

I had to take a moment to collect myself. I knew I was falling for him, but falling too quickly has been a problem in the past, and I didn't want to fall back into my old patterns.

We drove up to the campsite in his truck. That gave us a couple hours to talk about ourselves and get to know each other. While waiting to find a "campsite" in the dark, we had an amazing kiss in the truck. I relaxed so much, I started to lean on the horn. It took about ten seconds for us to realize what the source of the noise was. My best friend (half of the matchmakers) slept through that noise. Her husband (his cousin) was off looking for a campsite on the quad and didn't hear it.

Immediately he gave me the confidence to do things I didn't think I could do. That was the first time I had driven a quad, and we took it up a cliff. The height and the little amount of ground clearance before the drop off literally froze me in my tracks a couple times. He gave me the confidence to keep going.

I had been diagnosed with celiac with a final confirmation the week before this wonderful weekend. I tried to hide it from him by providing my own food, drinking wine, etc. Finally, that Sunday (July 4th) I told him why I couldn't eat the cornmeal pancakes he had made for everyone.

"Why didn't you say something earlier silly girl?" was his only question. "I can work with your needs, and I want to help."


Geez, if I wasn't already falling for this guy.


In the next few months, I could no longer hide my MCS. He was completely fascinated by the concept and how it works. He's an electrical engineer (in part) after all.

He is always the first to point out to restaurant staff "She can't eat wheat, so don't make my sweetie sick." He's showed off my MCS to his fellow electrical geeks.

So basically he's accepted me for all my "flaws". He takes care of me, and he truly seems to be happy about doing so.


My current dilemma. I love him more than anything I've ever known. I only want the best for him, and do whatever I can to help him out because I WANT to.

We've had lots of serious talks about where we're going. He's got a "phobia" of two years because he's had a few relationships fall apart at that timepoint. He doesn't like to be pushed into doing anything, and guilting him to make a further committment to me won't work on him.

My college friend admitted to me that on a perfect night with her significant other SHE asked him to marry her. (He did say "yes"). So it's something I've been recently mulling over in my head if I could do something like that.

I'm a bit too much of a hopeless romantic, so I don't think I ever could. But I worry that boyfriend won't committ to me unless such a situtation presents itself.

So, now what do I do?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    He does sound sweet. Frank is the same way at restaurants, he's always the first one to mention the gluten problem. The distance would be trying, though.

    And July 2, 2005 is a great date.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home