Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

when Tylenol doesn't work

Geez, I had a bad day yesterday.

My plan was to sleep in, clean up the house a bit, drive to Flagstaff to get boyfriends course books, then visit matchmakers for the night. Then drive back today, do laundry, etc.

After ruining a tire by somehow puncturing the sidewall Friday, I was paranoid about my tires. So after getting the car loaded, I did a quick check of the tires. Getting in my car, I thought my left hand was on the seatbelt as I closed the door.

As the door slammed on my fingers, I realized where my left hand was, and yeah, I just slammed the door on my hand. But it wasn't hurting that much.

Drove to Flag, and found out the bookstore was closed today "in observance of the Independence holiday". Next time, put a notice on your website. For extra gravy, the sudden elevation was giving me a headache.

So I stopped for a drink and downed some Tylenol. I grab my map and figure the best route to the matchmakers. At the prices for gas up there, I was going to get as far away from Flag as possible with the tank I had.

An hour on route to matchmakers, my left hand suddenly exploded in a fit of sharp stabbing pain. All concentrated on the middle finger, middle joint. Already have Tylenol in my system, so I'm stuck with nothing else I can take at the moment for the pain.

It's a bit swollen, but I've broken bones without swelling. So now I'm just hoping I can get my work done while it heals.

So when I got to matchmakers, I switched to alcohol. Two bottles of wine bought me a night of no pain. Well, until 4 in the morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home