Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

one fish, two fish

So I finally made it to Waikiki beach this morning. The man made beach was okay, but I wasn't finding a lot of inspiration. So I continued on to the protected reef area. I got some nice pictures of the waves crashing on the pier, and some okay shots of the reef below. Walking along the pier, there were all kinds of fish at that section of reef.

Photographing fish that are under the water while you're above with a constantly moving ocean in between is very difficult. Even with a short shutter setting. Most of the pictures look like abstract art or oil mixing with water. But here's some that I'm happy with how they turned out:

This guy was there a lot with two others. He'd jump out of the water when food was tossed in (I wasn't feeding them). I ended up taking most of my shots of this fish because he was so striking I thought it'd be easy to get a good keeper.

These were called torpedo fish by someone watching. I don't know what they really are. These guys were the easiest to photograph it turned out. There was a small school of them the entire time I was there.

This was the most difficult because he didn't hang around too much. He was black with small orange dots on his lower body.

This guy wasn't around much, but he sure was striking. I'm glad I was sorta able to catch him on the camera.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home