Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, July 06, 2007

long day

I should have a drink, but I think that after my first sip, I'm going to pass out.

I was at work at 5 this morning. Got all my cell culturing done, starting making my ordering list, and before I knew it, it was 9:00. That's a half day.

Why take a half day? To be with my mom at the hospital. Today my dad had his major surgery to remove his tumor. I had a bad feeling about it, so I asked for a half discretionary day to be with the family.

My dad made it through the surgery pretty well. They didn't have to make a second incision in the neck, and were able to get all the tumor. All without cracking open his chest. I'd like to know how you remove an esophagous without cracking open the chest.

But my dad's in ICU for the weekend (minimum). Hopefully he's comfortable, but it's hard to tell with the sedation. Tomorrow he might be able to breathe on his own.

Monday we'll get the pathology reports on area lymph nodes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home