Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday funnies (braindead media)

In case you ever suspected the media works hard to emphaize their point of view, you should check this out. NBC Today segment on NE flooding busted. The picture is priceless.

And no, I didn't actually see the segment about this. I don't watch much network television. But supposedly ABC did a story where they evaluated the security at nuclear generators at college campus. Here's the University of Arizona's response to the story. The article fails to mention that the reactor will be shut down and dismantled in the upcoming years due to a lack of nuclear physics interest on campus.

As a side note to campus security, I have to admit that it's pretty good, and most of it is not easily detectable. Ever since 9/11 (then the nursing school shooting two years ago), people are simply more aware of security threats. For example, animal researchers spend April on "high alert" for animal rights activities. This year, the red flags went up in late March because someone saw a couple people taking pictures of the main animal building on main campus. I don't know if they ever caught the snap happy people, but the same day the word went out to animal researchers and the FBI was notified. Thankfully the animal facility our critters are in the underground facility. Yet I also notice that animal staffers keep an eye on anyone walking along the unassuming hallway by the main entrance (fortunately, they all know me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home