Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

the warm fuzzy feeling

I would like to think that I'm a farily independant person. I'm quite comfortable being by myself, and sometimes would perfer it. When I decided around the beginning of the year, I had come to accept that perhaps I would like to share my life with somoene else.

I despise the clingy emotional types who have to hear everyday how much they're needed and loved. I promised myself that in my next serious relationship, I would not be the first to say anything like "I love you".

So I'm talking to my boyfriend in San Diego. I am fairly confident this time he wasn't too intoxicated when he was talking to me. We talked about a lot of things that night including Thanksgiving plans (he was all too eager to come and have dinner with my family (I have to give him a lot of credit for after all the stories I've told about various members). Then we were talking about how our relationship isn't like "real life" because if I truly was there with him right now, he'd go off to bed to try and get sleep only to get up at an insane early hour for work. All the while, I'll be understanding and supportive of his needs to do what he had to do for work. I won't get specific, but when he came and spent a few days at my place, I came into work late both mornings.

Then he started the line about how he wants me that he's not trying to leave me out of his life (even though his schedule pretty much sucks right now). Then he finishes with how he tries to make feel wanted (because I am).

I'm not ready to blurt out anything crazy at this point. It's good to let things develop over time. But it was very nice to hear - and I think part of me wanted to hear it (because it would mean that I was desireable to another)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home