Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

PLMD is not the same as RLS

In large part because people with celiac suffer from iron deficiencies, sleep can just suck. Falling asleep is never a problem - it's getting restful sleep. I had a sleep study that showed that I do have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD). In trying to figure out my options, I did some searching on a celiac discussion forum. There's quite a few people that have been told they have Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).

The problem is RLS is more common knowledge. The problem is that PLMD have RLS, but people with RLS don't have PLMD. Hey, I'm making this stuff up.

People on the forum seem to have trouble with iron. I'm going to try calcium and magnesium first. Here's hoping it'll help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home