Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Dust to diamonds

For lack of anything interesting on TV until the evening news, I stumbled across "Family Plots" on A&E. There was a bit about the funeral house owner who lost his son a year and half ago. He had some of his sons ashes made into diamonds. Curious, I checked out their website; and yes they'll turn your pets ashes into diamonds too. I gotta admit the blue diamonds are beautiful.

I still have the ashes of Wotan - the greatest companion cat I ever had that I never wanted. I was going to bury the ashes in the yard he enjoyed spending sunny days in (but now glad I didn't since I don't live there anymore). Guess I should buy my lottery ticket tonight in case I could win Powerball. Considering what you're getting (a permanent and beautiful reminder), the cost isn't that bad. Still it's something a poor scientist can't afford. If I could, I'd probably get a ring made with the diamond so I could wear it every day.

If you want to check it out, it's a company called Life Gem.

Wonder how they came across this as a good idea. I had heard that carbon given enough pressure could make diamonds. But I wonder who thought to use cremated ashes to try and make diamonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home