Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

When he drinks too much

I had sent an email yesterday to my boyfriend. First of all, I sent the airline intenary to take advantage of Southwest Airlines internet special of San Diego to Tucson $34/way. So the first weekend of December, I'll be flying instead of driving - which is probably for the best because I hate driving at night. Plus I get to stay longer since I save four hours of travel time.

Then I sent an email because I wanted to go see one of the movies that have been out for a while. Since cheap tickets can be bought for shows that start before 6:00, I figured it wasn't as bad as a $9 full price ticket. I went and saw "A History of Violence". Great movie - sex, nudity, violence. My two issues were that the ending was abrupt and I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to take away from it, and there was a couple that had a little girl with them who was asking what the actors were doing when they had a sex scene on the stairs! (I'll save that rant for another day.)

So after a quick stop at Target, I got home and logged into my IM software. Boyfriend was there, said he'd been drinking vodka. I guess things are going from bad to worse with his current job (from what I could tell when I'd try asking about it). So after about an hour, he says he can't keep his eyes open and should go to bed. We say goodnight, and I put my laptop to sleep (decided I'd start drinking vodka too).

About fifteen minutes later, my phone rings. I have since programmed a special ringtone to his number, so was surprised to realize that it was my boyfriend. He says he's still tired, but was talking to his dad, and was thinking of me and wanted to call. We talked for a half hour, when I finally told him "You're tired, I'm not going to keep you on the phone."

He talked a lot about how he likes to please me, wants me to be happy, and I shouldn't hesitate to call him if I ever need or want to talk to him.

(If I had realized in the beginning that excessive amounts of vodka would turn him all sappy and sweet talking I might have pushed the bottle on him more.)

Just kidding really, it was weird. I don't know how much of it was the vodka talking or how much was him with his tough guy barriers down from the vodka. I tried to find out how much he drank, but said that he didn't pay attention and he had bought that bottle anyway so he was going to drink as much of it as he wanted (it was for his dad).

I hope tonight he sounds more like the guy I'm used to. It truly sounds like things are not going well at work. But he won't talk about it ("I don't want to sound negative" is the line I get when I try). None the less, it was nice getting a call out of the blue - that's not the part I'm complaining about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home