Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Eh, everyone's a critic (even cats)

I noticed years ago that Magnum (the fat red striped tabby) never tolerated my singing. It was mostly during the holiday season when I'd break out into Christmas songs while decorating or simply enjoying my light show. He'd come up to me, and meow real loud. If I continued, he'd actually swat me on the mouth. And this routine would be repeated until I shut up.

Okay, I understand I don't have a singing voice. But last night when I went to bed, I was in a singing mood. I suppose the out of the blue phone call from my boyfriend made me happier than I realized. Adira always joins me when I go to bed, and she'll get her snuggles in (and throughout the night). What surprised me was that while I was singing, she was even more affectionate. She put her head on my chest and kept it there for about ten minutes. I'm tempted to see if it was a fluke or she really wanted to hear me sing.

I guess you can't please everyone. But I already learned that in the science field. Gotta go and pet Magnum - he's mouthing off for attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home