Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's all in the details

This article peaked my interest this morning:

State's 1st distillery set to pour vodka
Max Jarman
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 13, 2005 12:00 AM

FLAGSTAFF - In a corner of the popular Mogollon Brewing Co. brew pub, a gleaming two-story copper-and-chrome contraption is dispensing a clear liquid into 5-gallon bottles.

This still is producing what is thought to be the only prickly pear cactus-flavored vodka in the world.


I get a sinking feeling (kinda like when I realized that I didn't win Powerball last night) that it's grain based so I can't drink it anyway. The article doesn't mention the type of vodka is used, but grain vodka is a heck of a lot cheaper than potatoes, and it's only flavoring from prickly pear.

I'm seriously tempted to call the brewery and find out. If I'm wrong, I'll drive up to Flagstaff and buy some in a couple weeks. But I have a feeling the carrot's been dangled in my face, but I'll never be able to get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home