Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fun with minerals (or elements)

I read some of the forums for celiac support yesterday. I understand that the leg cramps are from iron deficiencies. Nobody in the forums said that iron supplements helped them either. But someone suggested calcium and magnesium supplements. I picked up a generic form from the drugstore and consulted the pharmacist about how much I can take at night.

He did warn me that magnesium can make you pee more frequently. That turned out to be true, so I'll have to watch my water intake at night.

The calcium may have helped. Instead of intense spasms and cramping of my lower legs and bottom of feet, it felt more tight and sometimes uncomfortable. But if something else had woken me up, I might have slept through it.

I'll give it a few more nights and see if it'll help. Perhaps I'd just be better off with the calcium...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home