Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, October 14, 2005

No more pink lab

I'm still scratching my head about how it all went bad so quickly. This summer, there were six girls in the lab and two guys (not including boss). We had joked that we were going to pain the lab pink.

Now in mid-October, and I'm the only girl in the lab, and the two guys are still here (plus boss). So I'm having to get used to what it's like to work with guys. Here's a summary of the crap I've had to deal with this week:

I made two media bottles. One guy used part of one bottle; the other guy used a good portion of the other. So we have two partially empty bottles. In fustration, I poured one bottle in the other and returned it to the fridge.

Media stains on the laminar flow hoods. If you don't clean it up shortly after the spill, it leaves a stain on the bench.

Waste bottles close to overflowing.

Biowaste bags overflowing. I just finished autoclaving it and disposed of properly.

Waste to incenerate was full in the tissue culture room. They mentioned having to go downstairs later this afternoon near the biowaste cold storage. Yet, didn't offer to take the trash down. So in my skirt and heels, I am lugging the red bags down to the cold storage room.

Various lab supplies are running low. So they whine to me instead of ordering more.

My conclusion - guys are slobs. I am slightly annoyed that they can whine about things, but heaven forbid they help do something about it. I'm not the mother figure here, but ignoring it doesn't help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home