Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Where's Emily Post when you need her?

Okay, long story short - I've met boyfriend's dad (several times). His dad was even there when my folks joined us for dinner in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. My dad and his dad got along so well the rest of us were falling asleep at the table before they got the hint that perhaps they should call it a night.

Since they got along so well, he's also been invited to Thanksgiving dinner this year. I have a slight concern about what my Grandmother might say, but think we can avoid a major incident.

I have told my boyfriend to invite his dad, but haven't heard back on wether or not he actually DID so. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't (we get along, and I'm sure he'd love to spend hours talking to my dad).

Anyway, his computer is on the fritz, so he's using boyfriend's computer while poor boyfriend is working long hours at the shipyards. But his Messenger software logs him in anytime the computer is fired up. I'm debating if I should start a conversation "Hi bf's dad" and see if he replies to see if he's interesting in coming to Thanksgiving dinner at my folks house.

Is that proper? Am I overstepping my bounds? I will have to think about this over breakfast (and lots of coffee)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home