Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, May 21, 2007

more newbie hazing

Today I thought I'd be in the cold room all morning doing the synthase assay on a bunch of stuff that isn't results critical. Supervisor took the day off today, but didn't tell me until the last minute.

This morning, after fighting for one of the last parking spots in the lot (someone thought it'd be cute to put barricades on about two dozen random spots), I go look for the person watching me do the assay. She's nowhere to be found, and she's usually here before I am. So I told her office mates to give me a call if she turned up. Don't know what happened to her since I never get notices from people if they're not showing up.

Then I went to the culture lab to check on a problem child incubator. I KNOW I turned the lights on when I opened the room up. An hour later, I walked past and the lights were OFF. WTF? If someone turned the lights on, they'll probably be back. Besides, it's now my job to turn the lights off and lock the doors on my way out.

Wonder if this is more "torture the newbie" stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home