Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Voter confusion

Friday, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals tossed out Proposition 200.

The voter approved measure required proof of citizenship to register to vote. And proof of identification on election day before getting a ballot.

The fine print was such that the identification had to match the register book (which mine didn't). You could provide bills and such with the registeration address. But I harrassed the poor lady, and got a real ballot in the primary. I did also have the voter information card and resgisteration card with the matching address.

With the general election less than a month away, the 9th ruling creates chaos for the poor people that will be at polling places. The state's attorney general filed paperwork with the Supreme Court to reinstate Proposition 200. The uncertain nature that could last until right before the election is sure to create differening experiences on election day.

I'm so glad that I am doing absentee ballot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home