Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, October 09, 2006

welcome home

I was not very happy with my cats when I got home Sunday.

I drove through three thunderstorms, and had a couple bags of groceries in my hands when I opened the door.

First was the smell. Was it coming from their newspaper litterboxes?

Nope. They decided they didn't like the recycled newspaper litterboxes and had used the living room as their litterbox.

Swell.

First put the peripherable foods away. Then cleaned the carpets. Need to borrow the hand shampooer my parents have next weekend.

Put away the rest of the groceries. Settled down with a beer (yeah Bard's Tale). Then went and got the rest of the stuff from the car like the laundry I did and the empty boxes I had unpacked. Go into the closet in the bedroom to put the clothes away.

Notice a damp feeling on the floor. Oh no, they didn't.

Yup, cat pee in the bedroom closet.

Lucky my closet is mostly empty at this point, so I blot the carpet, and note to shampoo the closet next weekend. In the meanwhile, the door is closed.

My cats are spoiled with their automatic litterbox. I have literally seen them pee, get out, wait ten minutes for the cycle to clean the box, then re-enter and crap in the box.

So I empty their newspaper litterboxes, replace with new newspaper pellets, put newspaper in the living room, and hoped for the best last night before going to bed. Ditto this morning before leaving.

I'm going to try and leave early today since I put in for the time Friday and didn't get to leave early after all. They don't use the box that much during the day since that interferes with sleep.

It's going to be a long week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home