Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, October 09, 2006

the greatest

I have the greatest boyfriend.

So Thursday I was having all sorts of doubts of this long distance relationship. I thought I wanted someone that could be there for all the little things in life (like helping to catch a cat and put him in his carrier).

Thursday night he calls. He's at a bar having a happy hour with a former coworker because he had a bad day at work and needed to blow off steam. I said "thanks for letting me know".

He knew something was on my mind. I told him I didn't want to talk about it now.

So he called me on the way home from the bar. He said he wanted to know what was bothering me.

I started to spill my guts about my unhappiness. I wanted someone to be there for all the little things in life. I was trying hard not to cry.

Then he said his piece. He loved me, and wanted me a part of his life. He's barely making it as is with his job, and if I were to come out there and couldn't find work right away, we'd have a hard time. Even though I'm not there, I'm always in his thoughts.

We talked back and forth for about two hours. When I finally started to cry, I could tell he started to cry (even though we're both denying it). He said he wanted me happy, and if that meant being with someone else, then he still wanted to be friends.

When he finally got to his place (right next to his dad), he stayed his truck to talk to me. Eventually his dad came to the truck as asked if everything is okay. We still talked for another half hour - and I was trying to end our talk!

Yes, I'm in a long distance relationship. Yes, I'm not always happy about it. But yes, I have the greatest boyfriend.

Most mornings since he is up and leaving for work about a half hour before I get up, he'll send me an email just to wish me a good day and that he loves me.

Most nights we talk on the computer, but if we miss a night because one of us isn't feeling good or wants to go out, that's okay.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home