Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Job seeking

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm 30 years old and never had to job search in my life.

I worked my way through the hardware store that my mother managed. BTW: they've already offered me a job.

When I was in college, I interviewed as a student to work in a lab. After I graduated, he hired me on the spot. The promotion interview was a formality.

So I'm looking for a job. One company says they're hiring close to where I'll be living. I sent them my resume, but since I don't know if they're hiring technicians, I don't know if it'll end up in the shredder.

One job sounds really cool. I hope I get it. It's been on the site for a couple months, and the deadline for resumes was long expired. So I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

But you can't put all your eggs in one basket.

The biggest problem in my field is that I technially don't have "clinical laboratory experience". Specifically, I haven't been working in a clinical lab where it's nothing but sample processing. I know how to handle specimens, but not on a high output format. There's another job that sounds interesting, but it says that five years of development assays is a MUST. I meet all the other requirements.

Do I apply for jobs where I have all but one of the requirements? Do I elaborate on my CV all the nuance details that I know how to do? I also have one summer where I did clinical laboratory work as an intern - a long time ago. But do I mention it too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home