Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stupid alpha

I went through this when both the fluff and furr were at the vet for the pre-op check. Magnum was very hostile afterwards, constantly growling and snarling at Adira. I did "Psst!" until my throat was sore, and after a few days he gave up on it.

Fluff and furr have recovered from their declaw. They still shake their front paws and lick a lot. But they don't act like they're in pain. They're back to using their old litterbox.

But Magnum again picked up the bad habit of growling and snarling at Adira whenever she came in sight. No wonder the poor thing keeps to the bedroom for the most part.

Adira's now exhibiting "beta" behavior now to try and get the stupid Magnum from growling and snarling.

Stupid cat - you're alpha. Don't rub it in when she's accepting you being the boss.

Must be a characteristic of orange stripey cats.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home