Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Starbucks = bad

So I won a $10 Starbucks card from a vendor fair. I normally give my $5 cards to someone that frequents Starbucks, but I was going to hold onto this $10 one.

Figured I'd swing into the Starbucks on my way out of town Saturday morning and get a coffee and a breakfast item (if I could find something I could eat).

First of all, it was jam packed of people.

Then I had to stare at all the yummy muffin treats that I CAN'T have. So I kept my eyes on the menu. I was hoping to try the pumpkin latte. So I asked the girl what was in the pumpkin spice mix they use for that latte. There was carmel coloring, but she couldn't verify if it was from North America or not.

I said I'd rather be safe and ordered a hot mocha. I also found apple slices with carmel dipping. I checked the carmel ingredients, and it's okay to eat. Score - a hot caffeine drink and something to eat.

Sunday morning, I was in full gluten episode. New DH spot on my knee, and the stomach aches are terrible.

I've had several mocha espresso drinks at the Java City coffee stand at work with ZERO problems. I've also had a mocha drink at a coffee shop in Tucson. Bad assumption on my part that a mocha is a mocha is a mocha.

So I tried to get more info about what's in their drinks at their website. Can only get a description of the drink, but no ingredients.

But what made me almost spit coffee on my laptop screen was their "nutrition" information. A medium mocha with whipped cream is
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
500 calories!

100 calories alone attributed to their whipped cream (which I never get anyway).

And their place was packed Saturday morning. I'm tempted to ask people if they have any idea how many calories are in the drink they're ordering.

Forget McDonalds as a reason why we're so fat. Try looking at Starbucks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home