Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, August 04, 2006

*duh* moment

Yesterday morning I noticed that the cats water fountain pump was dead. I think it's been over a year since the last one died, so I wasn't annoyed at having to plunk down money for another one.

What's annoying is that Target stopped carrying the fountain. That leaves Wal-Mart and Petsmart as options. And I despise going to Wal-Mart in the worst way, but hate how Petsmart charges more for the same items.

So I bit the bullet, and go to Wal-Mart. It was raining, so the crowds were at a minimum. Go and get a new fountain, and a couple kids and their mother start a conversation about kitty cats. Wow, nice people at Wal-Mart that speak English - I might die of shock.

Run back out in less than ten minutes. A new record.

Take the fountain out of the box, clean all the plastic parts with soap and water. I assemble and fill the fountain. Plug it in, and a noise from the pump sounds.

I go to bed later that night, and after a couple hours, the noise was so terrible that I give up. It's so noisy the cats are probably afraid to use it. Unplug the device, and set out a water bowl.

This morning, I grab the fountain. I am draining the fountain so I can return it for an exchange. After I drain it, the *duh* moment comes. The top plastic part with the filter isn't quite seated right and just a little misaligned.

I wonder.......

I reseat the filter part, fill the fountain, and plug it in.

Silence.

Part of me is relieved I don't have to exchange it. But as I put the fountain in its rightful place, I wonder why I didn't notice it last night.

That's my *duh* moment. It could have been worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home