Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Speaking of lessons

I had to give boyfriend a lesson.

I had a bad day yesterday. Work was fine, but it was all medical bad news.

I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis almost a year ago. Did some research, and decided I wasn't bad enough to seek treatment. But after I threw my back out three weeks ago, it still isn't 100%. So I'm looking for a rheumatologist, and bascially getting chided for waiting so long. And then I got busy with work, and didn't get an appointment set.

Then I got a call from the dermatologist. The "freckle" on my back came back abnormal. So I need further excision of the area to determine the extent of spread. More than likely they got it early enough and will be able to get clean excision sites. But I hadn't even gone to the dermatologist for that freckle, so I was knocked off my feet with surprise.

Boyfriend asked how I was doing.

Said I wasn't in a good mood, and I was upset.

Then he wanted to leave and go relax.

I had to explain to him that I wanted a friendly voice to listen to me.

I heard back that he doesn't have much experience in these matters, and he was very sorry.

By the time we ended our conversation, I said how my fury could have been easily defused with a simple call.

He said he'll try and keep that in mind the next time.

At least he's housebroken ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home