Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm back

Wish I could say that I had been abducted by aliens, but it was less exciting than that.

Wednesday I was putting away the stuff the lab received as part of our "spend happy" mode to clean out a grant. A few hours later, my lower back was stiff and painful. I was limping to my car.

Took a muscle relaxant before bed. Woke up Thursday feeling pretty good. I got in the shower, and did my routine. When I bent down to shut the water off, my lower back tightened up pretty badly. I had to use creative moves to get myself out of the shower. Called in sick at work, and set off to help my poor back.

For the first couple days, I couldn't even roll over without severe pain.

By Sunday, I could walk without looking like a bent marionette. Did a ton of laundry, and that didn't make things worse *yeah*

So back in the grind of things. But I was expecting to see that Friday's butt load of supplies still in the boxes. But the guys seemed to have pulled through and found homes for everything. I'm ready to die in shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home