Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Voter ID joke

I was just listening to a story on NPR about how a lawyer is fighting the new voter ID rules in Georgia and Arizona. In AZ, Prop 200 required legal picture ID to be shown in order to vote. In theory, this prevents illegal immigrants from voting.

First of all, quite a few of these illegals have legal looking ID cards. There's been a few Motor Vehicle Department employees arrested for consipiring to make drivers licences for illegals. Not to mention the other ways drivers licenses are created.

Second of all, here's what happened the last time I voted a couple months ago:

I walked in with the bright yellow card with my name and address on it with the address of the voting place, date, and time on it. I also had my voter registeration card. I handed the bright yellow card it to the registeration person with last names M-Z.

"Please sign here."

I signed.

"Here's your ballot. You go vote over there."

Yup, never showed my ID. I know every time I have to pull it out because I hide it under my medical ID card (you know, just in case). It's a hassle, but the last time I had to show my ID was when I got carded in April for buying a bottle of wine. I had to tease the cashier because I was now over 30. I guess I should take it as a complement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home