Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Iraq

I don't claim to know a lot about what's going on in Iraq. I know that the country lines were drawn by outside forces and told to get along. But Sunni and Shiites hatred for one another has been present for much longer.

This is why I don't understand religion. Most religions preach about loving your neighbor, but if they're not your religion it's okay to kill them. That's what the Crusades was about. The Sunni and Shiites are more confusing since they both started as the same but one difference. So that makes it okay to kill the other?

Where are the Kurds in all this? Sitting back and watching Sunni and Shiites kill each other it seems. If one side loses, it's more political power to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home