Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Worth a bag of candy

Friday I called the operator of the sort machine. I setup an experiment that needs a sort on Wednesday.

I saw her schedule had her free at 3:30. I thought it was perfect timing. So I setup the experiment, assuming she could do it for me at 3:30.

No call back on Friday.

No call back on Monday.

Tuesday I'm freaking out. I go searching for her, eventually finding her. She looked at me and said "Sorry, I should have called you. I can't do it on Wednesday."

In trying to pick my heart off the floor, I learned that the sorter (even though it's in use until 3:30), she needs an hour to set it up between samples. Apparently the sort before me isn't lymphocytes.

She saw my puppy dog eyes, sighed, and asked how many cells I'd have and what needed to be sorted.

I had to admit that I have no idea, but I'm hoping to have five million cells, and it's going to be a simple sort for DP cells.

She then made my day with "If it's going to be that few and that simple, it won't take long to sort, so I'll do it."

*dances*

Needless to say I'll be bringing a bag of treats of some sort with me to the appointment. Normally it'd be something chocolate, but I don't want to insult her because the operator and her office mate are both heavy. I guess I'll try and find something like Life Savers or Jolly Ranchers. What's the proper thing to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home