Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

too tired to sob

I hate days like this. I feel so beat down tired that I am too tired to even cry about it.

I spent the first couple hours this morning tracking down actual costs on orders so that a grant gets spent out. Still estimating a $1,500 balance, so I have to spend more grant money. Nothing is going right on that front. Thought a company wasn't charging us $600 (which would put the balance at $2,100). Found out that they for some reason had to break it into two orders, and my missing $600 is taken care of. Then I found I can't transfer animal balances because of the end of fiscal year paperwork is delaying posting of the animal expenses.

Then my mini-big shipment came in. It was only $2,000 of supplies (I have $6,000 coming on Friday). And nobody else bothered to come in to help. So I had to put it all away. Finding room for all these "rainy day" supplies involves a lot of climbing on cabinets and putting things up to the ceiling (it'll piss off the fire marshall, but tough).

So when that's all done, I'm physically beat tired. Then I have to get a culture ready for a sort at 4:00 PM. That's not going right at all. The same clumps of dead cells are croping up. I'm sure it's just dead RBC's, but I have no way to separate them out because the clumps are bigger than the cells. So I'm getting worried that this crap is going to clog the expensive sorter. I go to the bosses to discuss the issue. First says "don't know, go ask the other one." The other one is on the phone with wife, and can't talk to me right now.

I'm ready to go collapse in a heap. I'm so tired, it's going to be difficult to get my feet moving across the campus to the sexy expensive sorter. Will conclude this crappy day when it's finally over and vodka's in my hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home