Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, December 16, 2005

So guys are faster from the start

I got a snicker out of this. A recently published study discovered that if a women is having trouble getting pregnant, her odds of having a boy is 58% (when of course it should be more like 50/50).

The supposed reason: Male sperm swim faster in viscous materials than female sperm. If a women's mucous linings are more viscous, it could make it more difficult to get pregnant. In such an environment, the male sperm win out.

My take was that sure male sperm can swim faster - they're carrying a lighter load of DNA!

Source: Medical News Today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home