Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

That didn't take long

After about three emails, the Playboy offered up the line(s) that I was expecting to eventually hear:

We’re both close to our families, ambitious, fiscally conservative but socially liberal, I never saw you have a bad temper or be a compulsive liar. Those are the big ones for me. I contacted you because after turning 30 I’ve reflected and couldn’t understand why I didn’t try harder the last time we were seeing each other.


Then there was this for the gravy:

I don’t care about that stuff anymore and I have a different career now. If we start hanging out again It’ll be very different this time. This is a round about apology for me not trying harder in the past.


I never truly bought my best friends explanation that he cheated on her. Playboy claimed that they had different ideals, and he knew it wasn't going to go anywhere.

It's easy to say these things to someone via email. I never was 100% convinced of his sincerity, even when we went to dinner (which according to him was 4 years ago). Yet, there must have been something about me that compelled him to contact me after all these years (and I don't think it was that I'm gullible).

*sigh* Why couldn't he have turned 30 last year. I would have had time to figure out his sincerity and then move on to my boyfriend since we didn't meet until the summer.

I need to stop being an emotional sap (for starters). I should put my foot down, and say that four years ago you dropped off the face of the earth. You obviously found me again now, you should have done it then.

Then there's the argument he wasn't emotionally ready. I can understand that, so I'm back to being confused.

Help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home