Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New Years with my boyfriend

I am really and truly looking forward to New Years Eve this year. My last boyfriend would take me to these big parties, but the only thing that I liked about them was getting dressed up. The paradox was that since I normally don't dress up that much, I wasn't very comfortable the entire night.

Last year, I told myself I wasn't going to stay home again. So I went out, and if it wasn't for the reservist I met, it would have been hell (I felt so old there).

This year, boyfriend said he wanted to come down and see me. I said I'd come to him since long drives aren't good for his lower back. He said he wanted to come. So I had to think of where we could go or what we could do.

I thought about it quite a bit. Mt. Lemmon would be cold and crowded, my best friend in Tucson isn't going to be available, and going up to a night viewing wouldn't really be that intimate. Then it came to me.

Tombstone. He seemed excited about it when I brought it up to him last night. So I'll book a hotel room (rates are very reasonable). Then we'll hit the bars, have drinks, maybe dance a bit. Then we'll go to the room and open a bottle of something (probably wine), and celebrate the New Year. A western, casual, not super crowded event that's only about an hours drive from Tucson.

I suppose I should forward to Christmas more since it'll be here in about a week, then worry about New Years. Yup, in 8 or 9 days, I'll get to see my boyfriend and spend Christmas deep-frying a turkey with the wonderful couple that set us up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home