Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Holiday cheer

There's a TN pain support group listserve that I signed up for shortly after I was told that the trigeminal nerve was the source of my pain. It was a great resource, and the people there completely understand what you're going through on your bad days.

It still isn't enough for some people, and we have had to deal with their suicides. But in whatever country we live in, we understand one another.

To try and give some holiday cheer, there has been a gift exchange arrange for those willing to participate in it. I did for the last three years, and treasure all the gifts I have been given. Last year, I sent my package out a week before Christmas to Washington state, but she didn't get it until Februrary - at that rate, I guess I should be lucky she got it at all.

The listserv moderator had arranged the exchange for all these years. I guess she's too busy this year, and with it being too late to arrange one now, I am trying the next best thing.

I offered to send a handmade card to anyone on the list that wanted one. I know that for some people, they are not in frequent contatct with family or friends. Therefore, I wanted to send a personal touch to an otherwise isolating event.

I've gotten almost as many kudos emails as people that want a card. So far, I can handle the requests, and if it helps someone feel a bit special, than it'd be worth it.

Now I have to get motivated....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home