Life of a former witch

I've outgrown my wicked witch of the west ways. Reflections of life afterwards, living in the desert with two cats, friends, family, and my hot and cold love life.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Me sees a storm cloud ahead

The end of the year will be here soon, which will bring to an end the email address I've had for over seven years. I had partly expected to die with this address, but University's changing policies will bring that to an end.

I've changed all (that I know of) subscription services to the new address. I've changed my blogger account to reflect the new address. I've changed listservs to the new address (well, listservs that were easy enough to change - if it's an important one, I'll figure out a way to get back on it). I've told the family and friends I email the most that the address has changed.

But my boss being a creature of habit, still sends me mail to the soon to be extinct address. Mind you, I can go through my Sent Mail folder and probably find three emails I sent him personally to tell him to change his address book. But so far, he hasn't done it yet.

I could be a nice person, go to his laptop, and update his address book entry for my name. Instead, I will probably just wait until January 3rd, when he comes storming in the lab with something like this:

"I tried to send you an email, but it was returned to me."

"Yes sir, I sent you four emails in the last two months saying that it was going to die at the end of the year. Would you like me to forward them to you again?"

Come on, I don't get to play BOFH very often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home